So I left off about how we went shopping at the Commissary. . . Before the commissary we stopped at the PX and bought some outlet adapter things so our American plugs will work here. Even here on post they have the Italian roundish outlets versus the outlets we have in America so for our laptops to be plugged in we had to buy the adapters. Luckily they were only about $4.
The toilets here are different too. So far we've not experienced any bidet toilets yet but so far all the public toilets here have been autoflush. Our hotel toilet is not autoflush but there is no handle just a button at the top of the toilet that you push to flush. The toilets hold very little water in the bowl. It looks like the 'stuff' in there might not be flushed all the way down but when you flush everything goes right down! The toilet seats are less round & more oval shaped too. Not a huge difference but my booty noticed. lol
Oh and forgot to mention about the Commissary's fruit and vegetables. We were unable to find any frozen veggies & they only had a small selection of canned veggies so we bought fresh broccoli & string beans. I usually cook with fresh broccoli but I've never tried cooking fresh string-on beans before so this will be interesting. I'm sure it's the same as if I got them from a can just different looking before they are de-strung and cut up. I'm cooking them tonight so I'll update you on how that works out.
The time difference is definintely hitting us. Jet lag I guess you can say. We finally went to sleep last night about midnight (our time) and didn't wake up until about 11:30 this morning but were still tired! Amber slept til I woke her up at about 12:30. We missed the Inn's breakfast so we ate brunch in the room and went outside to tour the post & take Amber to the playground. After our walk I was still tired but I'm trying to get on the Italian schedule so I didn't take a nap.
We've not been able to go off post yet since Jonathan doesn't have to report until Monday but we walked around the post & can see outside the fence. The most amazing thing was that it is 80F here but the mountains in the distance are clearly still snow covered! It's beautiful! I'm kicking myself that my camera battery is almost dead! I'm actually gonna go order one online right after I post this.
No comments:
Post a Comment